Sunday, July 12, 2015

A Hodgepodge Overdue? How About Pizza?

Today, the blog I set up a number of years ago came to mind.  So I looked today and found that it had been over five years since I posted anything to it.  That really surprised me; I didn't think it had been more than a year or so.

Well, I thought I'd post something today--just for the fun of it--about pizza.

Today is Sunday night.  As it happens, I have now had pizza to eat three days in a row.  This wasn't done intentionally.  We ate a fairly early dinner on Friday evening before heading out to the Dayton Dragons baseball game.  By the time we were heading home from the game, my wife and I both said we were feeling a bit hungry, so I suggested that we get a pizza--especially since our son and daughter-in-law were coming over too.  I figured a pizza would be a good thing to get for everyone to be able to have a little snack.

The next evening, we went to our other son's house for our grandson's birthday party. The main food at the party was pizza. Then today after the worship service, the person who provided lunch (we have a lite lunch every Sunday after the morning worship service) provided pizza.

You'd think I might have been burnt out on pizza, but not so! One of the great things about pizza is that one pizza can be very different than another.  Not only can different toppings make pizzas taste different, but different brands can taste very different.  Friday night it was Little Caesar's (only $5 for a large pepperoni; I splurged and paid $6 because I decided I wanted Italian sausage instead).  Saturday during the birthday party it was Pizza Hut.  Today at church it was frozen boxed pizza (I think someone said it was Tony's).  They were all completely different.

What's even better about pizza is that I personally think it often tastes better cold after having been refrigerated at least overnight.  Cold pizza tastes different than hot pizza.  Therefore, when it came time to eat something tonight, what was here to eat?  The pizza from Friday night--only cold this time.  Yep.  I had pizza again this evening.

I'll probably skip at least a day of eating pizza tomorrow.  But I guess I can say that generally speaking (unless it has too many ingredients--especially if it has mushrooms and vegetables, which I simply do not like on pizza), I like pizza.

1 comment:

gina s said...

What!? Pete! While we agree on the IHS club (especially in winter!! IHS = I hate snow, for those who don't know), we totally disagree about pizza! You like pizza unless it has either too much on it, or "mushrooms & veggies." That's MY kind of pizza! LOTS & LOTS of mushrooms!!

My pizza motto: "Pizza isn't pizza without mushrooms" ... and a bunch of nice veggies, too. ;)

Nice, tho', that not everyone's identical in their tastes. Wouldn't this be a boring world if everyone ate alike ... was alike??

Very apparent that God, too, likes variety. ;)